- Improve our products and your experience on the PDC Sites
- Sharing with Third Parties
- Transfer of PII
2. Information Collection
We collect and store a variety of information from and about you when you visit and interact with the PDC Sites. Some information is personal and some is not. It is important that you understand what information we collect when you visit the PDC Sites from a computer or a mobile device and what we may do with that information.
- Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) includes but is not limited to your name, mailing address, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number, date of birth, image, user-generated content, posts and other content you submit to PDC Sites, any other personal information you voluntarily provide to us, or information that can be used to identify you when combined with other information. Providing PII to the PDC Sites is on a voluntary basis, however, if you opt not to provide the PDC Sites with certain PII, you may be unable to access all functions of the PDC Sites, including but not limited to, creating a user account (“Account”), participating in Sweepstakes, or receiving advertising or promotional offers. In addition, you may be asked to submit your PII when contacting us about questions, inquiries or concerns or to provide services or support.
- Information that is Non-PII
Information that is gathered when you visit the PDC Sites is not necessarily PII. Information that does not identify you personally, such as your IP address, operating system, browser type and language, date and time of your visit, ISP, referring URL, Site pages most frequently accessed, search terms entered, your geographic region, industry, the type of content you view, etc. is Non-Personally Identifiable Information (“Non-PII”). We use Non-PII to help administer the PDC Sites and we reserve the right to share, sell or trade aggregated Non-PII with third parties. As stated earlier, Non-PII does not identify you individually. When Non-PII and PII are combined we refer to this as PII and the combined information will be treated by PDC as PII hereunder as long as it is so combined.
3. Use and Sharing of PII
• Sharing with Third Parties: Your PII may be shared with third parties as stated herein and you acknowledge that such third parties may not be governed by the same policies as the PDC Sites. Certain services available on the PDC Sites may be provided by third parties, including without limitation, affiliates, sub-contractors, authorized vendors, data processors, email marketing companies, customer support specialists, Web hosting companies and fulfillment companies, and PDC may provide your PII to such third parties in order to deliver the services to you. These third parties are not authorized to retain, share, store or use your PII for any purposes other than to provide the services for which they have been retained to provide. PDC may also enhance or merge your PII with data obtained from third parties, such as information provided by a co-sponsor of a particular promotion, which PDC may then use for marketing and advertising activities.
• Transfer of PII: PDC may transfer, sell, assign or otherwise dispose of or encumber PII to third parties in connection with the sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of all or some assets, bankruptcy, reorganization or liquidation of PDC. In such case, you would not be entitled to any compensation arising from any such transfer, sale, assignment, disposition or encumbrance of your PII. Finally, PDC may disclose PII when required to do so under applicable law, including but not limited to comply with a legal requirement, judicial proceeding court order or legal process served on us; to investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; or when we believe it is appropriate to do so to protect the rights, property, or safety of our company or other persons.
4. Opt-out of PDC Emails
If you do not wish to receive marketing emails from PDC (except emails related to customer service or your Account), please let us know by i) contacting us through one of the methods described on our Contact Us page ii) by clicking on the unsubscribe link within any marketing e-mail you receive from us; or iii) if applicable, by unselecting the subscribe box on your Account Settings.
We use a technology known as “cookies” (or any other technology now existing or hereafter developed providing similar tracking benefits to PDC) to collect non-personal information, remember you on future visits, improve the upload process, and better understand how users engage with the PDC Sites so we can enhance the user experience. Cookies are used by almost every Web site for these and similar purposes. Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. You may, however, disallow reception of cookies at any time by resetting your web browser. However, cookies are necessary to access certain areas of the PDC Sites and if you disable cookies on your browser, you will not be able to view or use portions of the PDC Sites.
6. Public Information on the PDC Sites
Certain activities that you choose to participate in on the PDC Sites may be public. This includes, but is not limited to, linking your Account with other social media platforms, clicking through to other PDC Sites or to advertisements, participating in certain activities on the PDC Sites, or entering into Sweepstakes. A brief explanation of some forms of information that may be displayed publicly is found below:
• Public Forums: From time to time you may be able to participate in certain activities on the PDC Sites, such as chat rooms or bulletin boards, which will allow you the opportunity to communicate with PDC or other users of the PDC Sites. Unless otherwise noted, these activities may be generally accessible to all users of the PDC Sites and any information that you post or otherwise make available through these forums will be non-confidential and known to all other users. Accordingly, please exercise discretion when using these forums and when publishing any PII in these forums. You acknowledge and agree that PDC does not review, censor, or in any manner control the content of these forums and consequently PDC has no liability or responsibility whatsoever for information made available through these forums and that you will be liable to PDC for any liability that we incur as a result of any statement made by you in these forums. Your use of these forums is also subject to PDC’s Terms and Conditions.
• Social media: From time to time you may be able to create an Account and link your Account with third-party social networking sites, such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter or with other social media applications or plug-ins. By choosing to link your Account in these manners, you allow us to have access to PII and non-PII available in your social network or social media profile and your PII may be viewed or possibly used by other members of these PDC Sites. Be mindful when choosing to link your Account with other applications or plug-ins. Any Sweepstakes on third-party social networking sites, in addition to being subject to the specific rules and/or terms and conditions applicable to your participation in such feature(s) on the PDC Sites, will also be subject to the rules and/or terms and conditions applicable to your participation in such feature(s) on those third party sites.
• Advertisements: Our PDC Sites may feature advertisements served by third parties (e.g. advertisers, advertising agencies, advertising networks, data exchanges, etc.) to our PDC Sites. These third parties may set and access their own cookies, web beacons and similar tracking technologies on your device in order to help us deliver customized content and advertising to you when you visit PDC Sites or Third Party Sites. These third parties may also collect Non-PII such as your IP address and your viewing habits of the advertisement. PDC is not responsible for these cookies or any data collected through use of these cookies, web beacons, or pixels. The advertisement service providers are solely responsible for the information they collect and how they use that information. Depending on your location, there may be other solutions to help you control your online behavioral advertising preferences (such as whether certain third parties may collect and use your Non-PII for targeted advertising purposes). For example, you may use the Network Advertising Initiative’s Opt-Out Tool and the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Opt-Out Tool.
PDC has no intention to knowingly collect any PII from individuals under the age of 16 years. If PDC learns that a child under the age of 16 years has provided PII to the PDC Sites without verifiable parental consent, PDC will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from its databases. If you believe your child, who is under 16, has submitted PII to the PDC Sites, please contact us via one of the methods described on our Contact Us page.
10. Changes to this policy
PDC takes the protection of your personal information seriously. We utilize reasonable and appropriate security measures to help protect the information under our control. However, no Internet data transmission can be guaranteed to be completely secure. All information provided to us is provided at your own risk. PDC may store your information, in whole or in part, on equipment or in facilities leased or licensed from other vendors or entities. We rely on the safety and security statements of such vendors with regard to their storage equipment and services. By using the PDC Sites, you agree that PDC is not responsible for any issues related to the electronic storage equipment and services of other vendors or entities, including, but not limited to, the release, loss or corruption of your data. You also agree that you will seek remedy from the vendors or entities for any such issue and not PDC.
We will only retain your PII so long as it is necessary for the purposes it was collected, for the products and services that you use, or to meet any and all legal requirements. Your personal information will be deleted when it is no longer needed for any of these purposes.
13. Contact Us
- see personal information that you have sent us in order to correct or update it, or delete your personal information from our files;
- if your child has sent us personal information and you would like to delete that personal information from our files;
- ask that we not send you mailings or otherwise contact you; or
you can contact us through our Contact Us page or by sending correspondence to: